We love cooking with CBD, and we’re sure you will too. It’s a fun, creative way to incorporate your favorite cannabinoid into your life and still get all the benefits associated with adding it to your daily routine. It’s easy to be intimidated by new ingredients, but don’t worry. We have you covered. Not only do we have 3 fun recipes for you to try, but we’re also going to cover some of the basics of using CBD in your cooking so you can get the best results possible.
Tips to Get You Started
Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure you’re using your CBD:
- Use high-quality CBD oil drops. We prefer products made with THC-free CBD isolate sourced from natural, non-GMO and organically farmed hemp grown here in the USA.
- Experiment with flavor. At Soul CBD, we insist on flavorful tinctures that are delicious and will pair well with a variety of flavor profiles. Just choose one that complements your recipe best!
- Avoid exposing CBD oil to high temperatures. Low and slow is the name of the game here. Incorporate it into your recipe; don’t use it for frying. When CBD is exposed to temperatures above 290°F (143°C), it loses its effectiveness.
- CBD has better bioavailability when combined with fats. It’s true that we use coconut-derived MCT oil in our CBD drops, but that doesn’t mean you should skimp out on the high-quality fats in your recipes. Just opt for healthy ones like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and or grass-fed butter.
- Pay attention to serving size so you know how much CBD you’re adding to each recipe.
- Get creative! Cooking with CBD oil is easier than you think. You can add CBD drops to many recipes, so be adventurous and let your inner chef shine!
Heart Healthy Olive Oil Salad Dressing with CBD
Learning to use olive oil with CBD in salad dressings is simple and a healthy move. Olive oil is rich in oleic acid, one of the healthy fats you hear a lot about, and it has a high concentration of polyphenols. Those are powerful antioxidants that have been shown to play a role in disease prevention.
And we’re big fans of this light and crisp salad dressing recipe that goes so well with leafy greens. Before blending the other ingredients to the dressing, add your CBD drops liberally, according to the serving size you’re after. We think that our lemon lime CBD oil drops pair well with this recipe.
Peppermint Matcha Tea with CBD
Matcha is a high-quality green tea that comes in powder form, to which additional flavoring can be added to enhance the taste. It’s been a staple in East Asia for centuries because of its beneficial properties that researchers believe are the result of high concentrations of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substances contained in it. Matcha has the potential to prevent many diseases and support cognitive function, so regularly drinking it may have a positive effect on both your physical and mental health.
This is also why it pairs so well with CBD that has its own list of benefits, and which complement matcha so well. Don’t worry! Making matcha tea isn’t too hard, and this guide gives you all the tips and tricks you need. Consider replacing your morning coffee with a matcha tea infused with CBD. Just add a serving of peppermint CBD oil drops to give it a better flavor and set yourself up for a great day.
CBD Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktails
Nothing says enjoying yourself like a great strawberry daiquiri, and this healthy non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri recipe is a great way to enjoy them. It’s a delicious blend of fresh and frozen strawberries, lime juice and water that can be sweetened with a little stevia if you’re searching for a zero-calorie something-something to add in for more taste bud tingling.
It’s also a perfect recipe to combine with our strawberry kiwi CBD oil drops, which will blend perfectly with the flavors already present. You can also go for something like watermelon mint or orange if you’re looking for more standout flavors. Just add your desired serving amount to the blender when you’re mixing it up or as a drizzle on top of the final product and enjoy!
Other Ways to Eat Your CBD
While it’s fun to cook with CBD, it isn’t always the most convenient way to get your daily serving. So on the days when time is short, be sure to have some delicious CBD gummies on hand. With amazing flavors like coconut vanilla and orange cream, among others, you’re going to love them.