You probably already know that the cannabinoids in hemp plants have some pretty amazing capabilities. These hard-working little compounds are known to help people with sleep and anxiety, so it may not surprise you to find that they’re becoming even more common as a natural treatment for pain. In this guide, we’re going over how to use CBD oil as your go-to pain management solution.
How CBD Affects Pain
But first: How? Research indicates that CBD has an effect on the body’s natural endocannabinoid system, which has been know to have an effect on our appetite, pain, and memory. The receptors within the endocannabinoid system communicate with your brain and immune system to signal certain processes. It is believed that CBD sends pain-relief and anti-inflammatory signals to the brain to help regulate and manage pain throughout the body.
How to Use CBD Oil for Pain
Using topical CBD cream is a great way to get fast, potent relief, but it’s not always ideal in every scenario. That’s where CBD oil comes in. If you haven’t yet tried a CBD tincture for pain, you may have some important questions. How much should you take? When should you take it? Will it make you sleepy? Follow the guide below to get all the answers.Explore All of Our CBD Products
- Take Drops Throughout the Day – The ideal way to use CBD oil to help manage pain is to use sublingual drops throughout the day as desired. If you feel achy or sore after a workout or are looking for a great way to relax before bed, a dropper or two under the tongue should do the trick, but remember, everyone is different so we recommend trying different serving sizes to find what works best for you. To use CBD oil:
- Drop beneath the tongue as desired.
- Allow to absorb for 30 seconds.
Relax and refresh.
- Take It Slow and Experiment – One serving of CBD for one person is different from one serving for another person, so it’s important that you spend some time experimenting. There are different concentrations of CBD, so start with a low amount and wait to see how you feel after about an hour before taking another.
Take a Balanced Amount – Although everyone experiences CBD differently, CBD alone has been known to bring a calm, relaxing effect. For this reason, we’ve paired our CBD oil with energizing MCT oil. This oil enters cells without being broken down, allowing them to provide your body with a source of instant energy. So, if you’re worried about getting drowsy, make sure to choose a CBD oil with MCT oil for that perfect balance.
- Choose the Right CBD Oil – Not all CBD products are created equal, and you want to make sure you’re using a well-made one. We recommend choosing a CBD product that is made with high quality CBD isolate that contains a high concentration of CBD. You’ll also want one that’s organically farmed, non-GMO and made in the U.S., as well as one that’s third party lab-tested for safety and efficacy. Note: Soul CBD products check all of these boxes.
Is CBD Safe for Pain?
Unfortunately, due to the heavy politicization of cannabis in the last century, we don’t yet have a ton of medical research on the topic, but we do know that cannabis has been used therapeutically and medicinally for thousands of years. There’s even evidence to suggest that ancient Chinese peoples burned cannabis more than 2,500 years ago. With that being said, we do know that CBD contains no toxicity and is non-psychoactive.
The Best Way to Get Natural Relief
There’s simply no denying it: CBD oil is powerful and can have an incredible effect on our quality of life. Just make sure you’re taking it the right way so you get all its benefits. Soul CBD is here to help!