Everyone’s favorite comfort food is getting a healthy makeover. That’s right, we’re talking about chocolate! While the occasional piece of dark chocolate may have its health benefits, let’s be honest… most of us are probably indulging on a more regular basis with milky stuff.
Get your fix without all that processed sugar and caffeine with our CBD Mint-Chocolate Bar Recipe. Sweetened with dates and flavored with our limited-edition Chocolate Mint tincture, these babies will help you beat an afternoon slump with a cool and refreshing dose of chocolatey relief. Just one bite, kick back, and relax as the anxiety and stress of the day just melts away. No baking required!
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted cacao butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chocolate Mint Soul CBD Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less depending on saltiness of your almond butter; start with less and add more to taste)
- 10-15 drops mint extract (or a few drops of peppermint essential oil)
- Add dates to a bowl and cover with about 1/4 cup of hot water. Allow the dates to soak for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain the dates, but reserve the water in case you need to thin out the fudge a little. Add the dates and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until they form a thick paste, scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Taste and add more mint extract or salt if needed.
- Using a small spatula, scrape the fudge into a dish lined (such as a food storage container or brownie tray) with parchment paper and flatten it out the best you can.
- Place the fudge in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Remove the fudge by pulling the parchment paper up and slice into squares.. Ta-da! P.S. Keep your bars fresh by storing them in the freezer.