Three little letters are currently dominating retail spaces everywhere: CBD. Both online and in brick-and-mortar establishments, from health food stores to pet shops. You’ve probably seen something with CBD on a label more than once in the past week alone. This meteoric rise in popularity comes with some confusion and one of these, oddly enough, includes buying it. With so much on the market being produced by so many companies, information can be a bit muddled and unclear at times. That’s why we’re going to break it down for you. This way, you’ll be properly equipped to make an educated decision about the different types of CBD and which is best suited for you and your lifestyle needs.
A Quick Lesson on CBD
Before we get started, and in case you didn’t know, CBD stands for cannabidiol. It’s the second most-prevalent cannabinoid in the hemp plant and has gained popularity for good reason. Cannabinoids are compounds that behave like neurotransmitters in our brain, called endocannabinoids. And CBD has become loved for its anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety and calming effects.
As we’ve discussed before, CBD will not get you high, CBD isolate will not make you fail a drug test and CBD is totally legal in the U.S. since the 2018 Farm Bill was passed. You can read more about the history of hemp in America if you’re curious because it’s quite fascinating. But if you’re already well informed, here are all the different types of CBD products available to you.
CBD Isolate vs. Broad-Spectrum vs. Full-Spectrum
CBD isolate is pure, with everything else totally removed. That includes any essential oils from the cannabis plant and all other cannabinoids, including THC, the compound that makes you feel high. Other options on the market include broad-spectrum and full-spectrum CBD.
Broad-spectrum CBD contains other compounds from the cannabis plant, but generally no THC. Full-spectrum CBD will be similar, but often does have small amounts of THC, the psychoactive compound that makes you feel high and which will potentially cause you to fail a drug test. It’s up to each person to decide what suits them best. We recommend and provide only CBD isolates to our customers.
Soul CBD will always be CBD isolate. That means no THC, guaranteed.
The Many Forms of CBD
When it comes to buying CBD, you have a lot of options. As you read through the list below, keep a mental or physical list of what appeals to you and the reasons why. You might end up choosing a combination of different forms to meet your varied needs. The best way to take CBD is different for each of us, and there’s no wrong way, as long as your needs are met.
- Oil Drops – CBD oil drops are typically a tincture where CBD, accompanied by an oil, can be drawn through a dropper and delivered sublingually for fast absorption or added to a drink of choice. While sometimes these don’t taste so great, Soul CBD oil drops come in four naturally delicious flavors, including Watermelon Mint, Orange, Peppermint and Lemon Lime. And they’re a highly concentrated formulation without any THC.
- Gummies – CBD gummies are a perfect, tasty way to administer CBD without any guesswork, as they have pre-measured amounts in them. This allows you to take the exact amount you want without any guess work. Plus, they’re super-portable and discreet enough to take pretty much anywhere that a candy can be eaten. When you take one or two Soul CBD gummies, you’ll first be treated to a delicious, fruity taste and then a calming feeling of relaxation.
- Capsules – Designed to conveniently deliver CBD to the body through your digestive system, CBD capsules are just as portable and discreet as gummies but without added flavors. Soul CBD capsules also come in a variety of formulas, where CBD has been paired with plant-based aids to help you boost immunity, enjoy better sleep, gain rapid relief from aches, keep calm and stay calm or achieve peak alertness.
- Topical Cream – CBD cream is a topical treatment, meaning you apply it directly to your skin. It’s a favorite for folks who lead active lifestyles but suffer from fatigued muscles or sore joints. Soul’s Rapid Relief CBD Cream combines the power of CBD with soothing menthol for cool, tingling relief that knocks out tension in a dash.
- Bath Bombs – In case you’ve never had the pleasure, allow us to explain bath bombs. They’re amazing little spheres of end-of-day bliss that bubble and diffuse when dropped into a hot bath dispersing their contents. Soul CBD Bath Bombs are filled with a luxurious mix of CBD, essential oils, and Dead Sea salts designed to combat stress and soothe aching muscles.
- For Pets – Designed for your fur kid, CBD for pets is gaining in popularity as people discover that it’s just as effective on our four-legged friends as it is on us. Soul Relief CBD Dog Treats can be used for soreness and Soul Calm CBD Dog Treats are great for addressing restlessness and stress. And then there’s the delicious bacon-flavored Soul CBD Oil for Pets, which will be readily gobbled up.
Take Your Time, but Don’t Waste It
Choosing which CBD option is best for you may still seem a little overwhelming. Take your time with the decision-making process but be sure not to waste it. That means don’t buy from companies you don’t trust and don’t wait too long to start enjoying the benefits associated with a life enhanced by CBD.